Position Title: Junior Bookkeeper
• Application Release Date: 13 November 2023
• Application Closing Date: 31 November 2023
• Preferred Commencement Date: 08 January 2024
Zero Point Energy Company Introduction
Zero Point Energy is a proudly South African & Level 1 BBBEE sustainability-focused engineering company founded in 2015. We provide bespoke designs, consulting engineering & turn-key EPC solutions in the areas of renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, and backup power. Our focus is on the Southern African commercial, industrial, public, agricultural and residential sectors. Our vision is to be a leader in the provision of net-zero sustainability engineering solutions across Africa, with a mission to make sustainability simpler and cheaper for our clients, and to empower their journey towards net-zero energy consumption and environmental impact.
We are a rapidly growing QSE company with a proven project track record, with national & industry-acclaimed accreditations and successes, comprising an experienced & effective team. Our clientele consists of blue chip corporates, national and regional public entities, as well as repeat private businesses and individuals who have confidence and trust in the Zero Point Energy brand. To date, we are on track to making our vision a success. Given the company’s recent upward growth trajectory and confirmed pipeline of commercial, industrial and residential projects, we are looking for a full-time Junior Book-keeper to join us on this exciting journey in 2024 and beyond, to contribute and add value to both the company and their career development in the niche and massively expanding sustainability-focused engineering & projects space that we operate in.
Junior Bookkeeper Roles & Responsibilities
• Processing of multiple cashbooks daily, capturing supplier invoices, credit card invoices processing and filing invoices electronically.
• Follow up on supplier invoices and statements and ensure they are in by company financial daily/weekly/monthly deadlines.
• Reconciling the supplier and customer ledgers and raising queries on differences.
• Conducting basic journal entries for various accounts.
• Prep paperwork and load payments on the multiple bank accounts.
• Assist the finance manager with any paperwork/workings required
• Work closely with the finance manager and other project and administration staff to build a strong and efficient working relationship.
• Assist other departments as and when required and assist with finance and administrative duties on projects and at the office.
• The position will report to the Company Finance Manager.
Experience & Qualifications Requirements
• Knowledge and experience with Pastel Sage One and Xero.
• Good understanding of Excel (Intermediate to advanced).
• Good understanding of online banking – loading payments for authorization by the Finance Manager and Director.
• Microsoft Office proficiency is essential (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
• A basic understanding of VAT is essential.
• Good understanding of journals up to Trial balance (debit and credits).
• Deadline orientated.
• Willingness to learn.
• Be able to work independently.
• Strong administration skills.
• Knowledge of bank feeds will be an advantage.
• Minimum 1-2 years experience in a similar role will be advantageous.
General Candidate Requirements
• Candidate will report to Company head office located at 2 Clamart Street, Richmond, Johannesburg
• Must be able to work well independently as well as within company teams to execute projects successfully
• Must be driven to perform, willing to take on responsibility and able to make decisions independently
• Able to participate in structured and unstructured learning & training if and when they come up from time to time
• Pro-actively expand knowledge base in areas of Zero Point Energy and personal interest
• Be involved in company initiatives to optimise company processes & systems and provide input when required
• Contribute and develop systems & processes in areas of experience and increase knowledge-base of the company
• Willing to learn and be able to pick up new skills and knowledge of the industry quickly and effectively
• Able to provide contactable references for prior work experience validation, proof of residence, successful police clearance, valid qualifications and accreditations
• Initially, 6 to 12 month contract (depending on work experience) with the option to extend to a full-time role (performance dependent) with an initial 3 months being a probation period
• Salary negotiable – industry-related and dependent on experience
Please submit CVs with qualifications and supporting documentation together with a brief motivation cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject reference “Job Application – ZPE Junior Bookkeeper Nov 2023 – [Your name]”.
Other Available Jobs
Zero Point Energy