Zero Point Energy is a proudly South African & Level 1 BBBEE sustainability-focused engineering company. We provide bespoke designs, consulting engineering & turn-key EPC solutions in the areas of renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, off-grid and backup power. Our focus is in the Southern African commercial, industrial, public, agricultural and residential sectors. Our vision is to be a leader in the provision of net-zero sustainability engineering solutions across Africa, with a mission to make sustainability simpler and cheaper for our clients, and to empower their journey towards net-zero energy consumption and environmental impact.
We are a growing company with a proven project track record, comprising of an experienced yet small & effective team. To date we are punching well above our weight on our way to making our vision a success. We are looking for a Compliance & SH&E Administrator to join us on this exciting journey in 2021 and beyond, to contribute and add value to both the company and their own career development in the niche sustainability-focused engineering space that we operate in.
Compliance & SH&E Roles & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for external company compliance including but not limited to compliance with Companies Act, Basic Working conditions Act, Basic Employment Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act and other related industry or related stakeholder regulations & compliance requirements
- Development, management & tracking of internal policies, procedures, specifications, quality management & SH&E related workstreams
- Routine tracking and tweaking of external regulatory, industry-specific, general company, & SH&E compliance requirements
- Manage quality management system & ISO-9001 registration & compliance within the company
- Routinely monitor and oversee implementation of above, as well as guide team members with relation to above
- Reports directly to Managing Director
General Candidate Requirements:
- Position will be based at company main office located at 50 Richmond Avenue, Auckland Park, Johannesburg
- Must be able to work well independently as well as within company teams to progress project opportunities within the organisation
- Willing to learn and be able to pick up new skills and knowledge of industry quickly and effectively
- Must be proficient in in MS Office (Word, Teams, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Calendar), cloud-based project management tools and general digital working environment i.e. must be adept and able to work in a digitally transformed workplace
- Able to provide contactable references for prior experience checks
- Minimum qualification: Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Minimum work experience: 1-2 years in a similar role
- Experience in the power, construction or renewable energy sectors will be a bonus
- Remuneration package will be based on a base salary package
- Initially, 6-month contract with option to extend (performance dependent) with initial 2-month’s being a probation period
Please submit CVs and brief motivation cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: 30 June 2021