Job Specification: Junior Electrical Engineer
Zero Point Energy is a proudly South African & Level 1 BBBEE sustainability-focused engineering company. We provide bespoke designs, consulting engineering & turn-key EPC solutions in the areas of renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, off-grid and backup power. Our focus is in the Southern African commercial, industrial, public, agricultural and residential sectors. Our vision is to be a leader in the provision of net-zero sustainability engineering solutions across Africa, with a mission to make sustainability simpler and cheaper for our clients, and to empower their journey towards net-zero energy consumption and environmental impact.
We are a growing company with a proven project track record, comprising of an experienced yet small & effective team. To date we are punching well above our weight on our way to making our vision a success. We are looking for a Junior Electrical Engineer to join us on this exciting journey in 2021 and beyond, to contribute and add value to both the company and their own career development in the niche sustainability-focused engineering space that we operate in.
Junior Electrical Engineer Roles & Responsibilities:
- Attend site visits to assess installation requirements, complete site questionnaires, and generate design proposals and quotations for potential installation projects
- Gain theoretical and practical knowledge of sustainable engineering project design and execution, in these related technologies: solar PV, battery storage, energy efficiency, electrical reticulation, efficient water heating, water efficiency, lighting efficiency and home automation technology
- Development of project design deliverables assigned, perform design calculations, generate Bills of Quantities (BOQs) and other related technical reports/drawings/presentations that feed into engineering & designs on projects managed by senior team members
- Generate CAD drawings based on high-level designs by senior engineers on projects
- Perform PVSyst, PVSol and other software simulation studies and generate simulation reports on projects
- Reports to Senior Engineer / Engineering Manager
General Candidate Requirements:
- Position will be based at company head office located at 50 Richmond Avenue, Auckland Park, Johannesburg but junior electrical engineer will be expected to work on projects that could be executed across South Africa if and when required
- Must be able to work well independently, under pressure, as well as within company teams to execute projects successfully
- Willing to learn and be able to pick up new skills and knowledge of industry quickly and effectively
- Must have strong self-organisation skills, be detail-oriented and able to work towards deadlines under pressure if and when required
- Must be willing to travel and work flexible hours related to end-client schedules & project locations
- Must be proficient in in MS Office (Word, Teams, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Calendar), cloud-based project management tools and general digital working environment i.e. must be adept and able to work in a digitally transformed workplace
- Minimum university qualification B.Eng-Electrical. A B.Sc.Eng degree as well as electives in power engineering, machines and/or renewable energy will be a bonus
- Minimum work experience: 6-12 months of engineering industry experience either in a vacation or internship role
- Experience in the renewable energy sector will be a bonus
- Remuneration package will be based on a base salary + lucrative project profit-share basis linked to personal performance on projects
- Initially, 12-month contract with option to extend (performance dependent) with initial 3-month’s being a probation period
Please submit CVs and brief motivation cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: 30 June 2021