Zero Point Energy is a proudly South African & Level 1 BBBEE sustainability-focused engineering company providing bespoke designs, consulting engineering & turn-key EPC solutions in the areas of renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, off-grid and backup power in the Southern African commercial, industrial, public, agricultural and residential sectors. Our vision is to be a leader in the provision of net-zero sustainability engineering solutions across Africa, with a mission to make sustainability simpler and cheaper for our clients and to empower their journey towards net-zero energy consumption and environmental impact.
We are a growing company with a proven project track record and experienced team punching well above our weight on our way to making our vision a success. We are looking for a full-time project electrical engineer to join us on this exciting journey, to contribute and add value to both the company and their career development in the niche sustainability-focused engineering sectors that we play in. Job role below:
Project Development Roles:
- Attend meetings, site visits and/or audits around the greater Gauteng area to assess project design & engineering requirements on solar PV, battery storage and energy efficiency projects
- Conduct preliminary yield studies and layouts using suitable software (PVSol, Helioscope, Relux, AutoCAD)
- Conduct detailed evaluations/drawings as projects progress required
- Generate complete costing & scope proposals & technical tender submissions for clients (in conjunction with business development manager)
- Manage liaison with potential clients as skills and capabilities increase
Project Execution Roles:
- Conduct detailed designs & calculations for solar PV, storage & hybrid projects (aligning with project engineering manager).
- Develop first draft of detailed drawings to submit to CADer.
- Manage interface with CADer & review process on project drawings.
- Development of project bill of quantities.
- Assisting with project procurement with suppliers (aligning with procurement manager).
- Assist project manager in installation planning and interface with Zero Point Energy project execution team, project manager and/or construction managers.
- Manage project electrical & communications system commissioning phase on projects and provide direction to project installation team during commissioning.
- Manage design quality control on execution projects by liaising with project execution team and ensuring installation team follow project Zero Point Energy designs.
- Develop close out documentation & as-built design packs on projects.
- Liaison with clients & project electrician post-installation related to design & performance related queries/issues.
- Conduct detailed solar PV and/or battery system simulation studies for consulting engineering projects.
Engineering Workstream development:
- Contribute to project lessons learned and building in lessons learned into standard operating procedures.
- Assist in developing software-based tools & calculators to optimise and streamline Zero Point Energy engineering systems.
- Attend training & skills development opportunities as and when they arise on behalf of company.
- Manage and coach vac work students doing work for Zero Point Energy.
- Represent the company at industry related conferences, expos, etc.
- Office located in Auckland Park, JHB. Site-based travel out of town will be required from time to time depending on project location
- Self-starter, motivated and ability to work well independently, under time pressures and ability to multi-task effectively
- Able to work both remotely and in office, as well as within matrix teams reporting to both functional and project managers
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Well-versed in electrical design software (preferably AutoCAD, PVSol, PVSyst) and proficient across MS Office
- Driver’s licence, own vehicle and own laptop preferable
- Minimum qualifications: B.Eng or B.Tech – Electrical Engineering
- Minimum work experience: 2-3 years in solar PV, building reticulation, electrification and battery storage projects (preferable)
- Able to provide contactable references
- Package will be based on a base salary + project profit-share + deal closing commission basis
- Initially, 6-month contract with option to extend (performance dependent) with initial 2-month’s being a probation period
Please submit CVs to email@example.com. Closing date: 25 June 2020