185kW Solar + 216kW Hybrid Inverter + 560 kWhr Battery System Roll-Out for Commercial Big-4 Bank across SA
Project was executed by Zero Point Energy on a turn-key EPC basis for one of South Africa’s Big-4 Commercial banks across 6x of their bank branches in South Africa.
- 185kWp of Tier 1 mono 550W solar PV panels (25 year performance guarantee)
- Various panel mountings: flat roof concrete, metal sheeting, roof tiles
- 18x 12kW Sunsynk 3-phase hybrid inverters in 3 phase configuration (5 year warranty)
- 14x 40kWhr Freedom Won lithium-ion batteries in centralised DC busbuar system
- All DC, AC, electrical, structural and mechanical engineering & installation
- Safety life lines, roof access and fall arrest systems
- Electrical COCs, SSEG applications and landlord approvals
- Remote monitoring of system via energy meters & wifi-enabled monitoring platform
- SH&E compliance according to OH&S Act and Bank stringent policies
Location: Across South Africa
Completion Date: December 2023
Zero Point Energy had been selected by one of South Africa’s leading commercial banks to roll out a solar power & battery backup program across their retail branches across South Africa.
The first of six of these sites was completed successfully in over December 2022. The design philosophy was to get the branches as close to off-grid as possible with a minimum of 5 hours load shedding protection system and sufficient solar power to cover 80% of the branch’s daily electricity consumption.