402kW Grid-Tied Industrial System for Shopping Centre
The ever ready project team at Zero Point Energy kicked off the month with another commercial scale rooftop solar PV system installation, after meticulously engineering this custom 402kW solar PV system for a new shopping centre in Pretoria, Gauteng.
- 402kWdc solar PV system, featuring 728 solar panels.
- 400kWac grid tie inverter capacity with 4 high-performance 100kW inverters.
- Integration of a 630kVA diesel generator.
- Comprehensive electrical, mechanical, and structural engineering design.
- AC, DC, and earthing electrical installation works.
- Advanced remote monitoring and check billing & metering.
- Custom 630A main distribution board with NRS 07-2 compliant grid monitoring and automatic disconnection.
- Adherence to OH&S Act safety, health, and environmental compliance.
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Completion Date: October 2023
Our team efficiently completed the roof panel mounting work in just over a week. This week, we’re focusing on roof DC cabling and cable tray installations. In the upcoming week, we’ll begin AC electrical works, inverter installations, and testing. By the end of the month, we anticipate the successful commissioning of the entire system.
We intend our system design to align with all necessary SANS, NRS, and municipal SSEG compliance requirements, ensuring the highest standards in solar PV project design and execution.
Powering a Sustainable Future:
Once operational, this solar system is expected to generate an impressive 55 MWhr (55 000 units) of electricity monthly, significantly reducing the reliance on Eskom’s grid-supplied electricity and contributing to a greener and more sustainable future for the mall owner and their anchor tenant Checkers.
Stay tuned for more updates as we continue our journey towards a cleaner, more energy-efficient Africa.